Jalapeno, Bell, Shishito…Pick Any Pepper!
- Dozens of pepper varieties are available at Catskills farmers markets – from mild to hot!
- Red bell peppers have twice as much vitamin C as green peppers
- Brighter colored peppers tend to be sweeter.
Pepper Storage Tips
Peppers should be stored within a bag in the fridge, and are best used within 3-5 days.
Peach Prep and Usage
- Wash well, and remove the seeds and stem.
- Wear rubber gloves when cutting hot peppers, and don’t touch your eyes!
- Peppers are very versatile, and can be eaten raw or cooked.
FEATURED RECIPE: Perfect Pepper Medley
INGREDIENTS (♥=Fresh from the Catskills!)
♥1 pound zucchini, sliced
♥2 large red bell peppers, diced
♥2 large green bell peppers, diced
♥2 large carrots, sliced
♥2 cups red cabbage, sliced
♥4 tsp. vinegar (try some from Channery Hill Farm, a local Catskills producer)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet, heat the oil until it is hot. Add the zucchini, red and green peppers, and carrots.
2. Cook the vegetables over medium heat, stirring them, for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the cabbage, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
4. Continue to cook the mixture about 5 minutes longer or until the vegetables are tender-crisp.