SNAP to the Farmers Market!
Bring home the freshest local food from the farmers market! You’ll receive $4 in FreshConnect Checks for every $10 you spend with your SNAP card, so you get even more value. Your SNAP benefits (also known as EBT or Food Stamps) are welcome at the following farmers markets in 2017:
Liberty Farmers Market, Fridays, 3-6pm at 119 North Main Street in Liberty
Monticello Farmers Market, Mondays, 11am-2pm at the Sullivan County Government Center
Callicoon Farmers Market, Sundays, 11am-2pm at Callicoon Creek Park
Quick Tips for Using SNAP
- To use your SNAP benefits, find the farmers market manager booth – you will receive tokens to use like cash at the market.
- Farmers are friendly! Ask them for prep tips and recipe ideas. They love meeting customers.
- Don’t forget to bring a tote or grocery bag with you to the market.
- SNAP benefits can be used for more than fruits and veggies at the farmers market: eggs, meat, cheese, bread, honey, syrup, and much more!
- SNAP benefits can’t be used for non-food items (but you can still use cash of course!)
- Farmers markets are kid-friendly so bring your entire family for activities, free samples, and even giveaways!
Meet the Markets That Welcome SNAP
What’s Fresh Now! Click on Each Item for Tips and Recipes