What You Can Expect at Every Sullivan Catskills Farmers Market
While each farmers market in Sullivan County is independently operated, we’re coming together to improve your market experience.
We’re committed to helping you eat healthier by bringing in local fruits, vegetables, plus dairy, meat, baked goods and more!
Only farmers markets in Sullivan County who meet quality standards and support local farmers can use the Homegrown with Heart logo.
Local farmers have heart: they take pride in bringing the best to Sullivan County farmers markets – so you can bring the best home.
Where else can you meet all the farmers behind your food? Plus, farmers love sharing recipes and insider tips!
OUR COMMITMENT: PROTECTING & PROMOTING LOCAL FARMERS
To join the Sullivan Catskills Farmers Market collective, markets must meet guidelines that benefit producers and the public.
1. Registered as a Designated Farmers Market with New York State Agriculture and Markets
2.Consistent days/hours in a designated location within Sullivan County
3. At least 5 farmer-producers (from within a 75 mile radius of the market) who sell their own food products
4. At least 75% of vendors are farmer-producers (from within a 75 mile radius of the market) who sell their own food products.
5. The other 25% may be goods handcrafted by local artisans within a 75 mile radius i.e. individuals who create hand crafted products such as pottery, woodwork, textiles, and personal care products
6. Flea market items, antique items, books, toys, and any other goods not created by hand are not accepted. Community organizations that participate at market may offer promotional items not made by hand
7. Market has written regulations and rules
8. Market is certified to accept FMNP/SFMNP – vendors may or may not accept checks at their discretion
9. At least one full market season meeting the above requirements
10. Participate in 75% of meetings at Cornell Cooperative Extension in Sullivan County (held 6-8 times per year)
OUR PARTNERS: COMING TOGETHER
The collective of Sullivan Catskills Farmers Markets involves independent markets collaborating on joint education and outreach efforts. The resulting campaign is organized by Cornell Cooperative Extension of Sullivan County and the Sullivan County Planning Department.